I am a Professor in the Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering, Qatar University. I am also the Civil Engineering Program Coordinator and Focal Person. I joined Qatar University in September 2013 as an Associate Professor. I was promoted to a Professor in October 2017. I worked between 2007 and 2011 and between 2011 and 2013 at the United Arab Emirates University as Assistant Professor and then Associate Professor of Structural Engineering. Prior to this, I worked at the University of Sherbrooke in Canada as a Research Professional between 2002 and 2007.
I received my PhD from Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada, in 2002.
My research interests include:
- Utilizing traditional and advanced composite materials for the rehabilitation and strengthening of the civil infrastructure,
- Utilizing non-corrosive metals such as aluminium for structural purposes,
- Sustainable reinforced concrete construction using non-corrosive reinforcement,
- Utilizing waste, recycled, by-product materials for concrete construction, and
- Finite element modelling and numerical analysis of reinforced concrete structures.