Dr. Nizar Zorba
Professor, Electrical Engineering department, Qatar University. Click
Counselor, IEEE students’ branch at Qatar University. Click
Vice-Chair, IEEE ComSoc CSIM Technical Committee. Click
Associate Editor, IEEE Communications Letters. Click
Associate Editor, IEEE Access. Click
Associate Editor, Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking (Eurasip/Springer). Click
- CFP: Crowd Management (CM) Workshop at IEEE IWCMC 2019 conference. Click
- CFP: IEEE Communications Magazine Ft on Crowd Management Click
- CFP: IEEE ICC 2019, Shanghai, China. Technical Symposium: Communication QoS, Reliability and Modeling Click
- CFP: IEEE Network: Special Issue on Blockchains for Scalable IoT Click
- Best paper award at IEEE IWCMC 2018 for the paper “Utilization of Wavelet Packet Sensor De-noising for Accurate Positioning in Intelligent Road Services”
- B. Hamdaoui, N. Zorba and A. Rayes, “Participatory IoT Networks-on-Demand for Safe, Reliable and Responsive Urban Cities”, IEEE Blockchain Technical Briefs, January 2019.
- A. El-Wakeel, J. Li, A. Noureldin, H. Hassanein and N. Zorba, “Towards a Practical Crowdsensing System for Road Surface Conditions Monitoring”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, December 2018.
- R. ElKhatib, N. Zorba and H. Hassanein, “A Fair Reputation-based Incentive Mechanism for Cooperative Crowd Sensing”, IEEE Globecom, Abu Dhabi, UAE, December 2018.
- A. El-Wakeel, A. Noureldin, H. Hassanein and N. Zorba, “iDriveSense: Dynamic Route Planning Involving Roads Quality Information”, IEEE Globecom, Abu Dhabi, UAE, December 2018.
- S. Azmy, N. Zorba and H. Hassanein, “Bootstrap-based Quality Metric for Scarce Sensing Systems”, IEEE Globecom, Abu Dhabi, UAE, December 2018.
- S. Azmy, N. Zorba and H. Hassanein, “Quality of Coverage: A Novel Approach to Coverage for Mobile Crowd Sensing Systems”, IEEE GIIS, Thessaloniki, Greece, October 2018.
- I. Zenginis, J. Vardakas, N. Zorba, and C. Verikoukis, “Performance Evaluation of a Multi-standard Fast Charging Station for Electric Vehicles”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, September 2018.
- B. Khalfi, B. Hamdaoui, M. Guizani and N. Zorba, “Efficient Spectrum Availability Information Recovery for Wideband DSA Networks: A Weighted Compressive Sampling Approach”, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 17, April 2018.
Dr. Nizar Zorba
Electrical Engineering Department, room F204
P.O. Box 2713, Doha, Qatar