Dr. Nizar Zorba
Associate Professor, Electrical Engineering department, Qatar University. Click
Counselor, IEEE students’ branch at Qatar University. Click
Vice-Chair, IEEE ComSoc CSIM Technical Committee. Click
Associate Editor, IEEE Access. Click
Associate Editor, Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking (Eurasip/Springer). Click
- CFP: Smart Infrastructures for Crowd Management (SICM) Workshop at IEEE IWCMC 2019 conference. Click
- CFP: IEEE Communications Magazine Ft on Crowd Management Click
- CFP: IEEE ICC 2019, Shanghai, China. Technical Symposium: Communication QoS, Reliability and Modeling Click
- CFP: IEEE Network: Special Issue on Blockchains for Scalable IoT Click
- Invited talks
- IEEE 5G/IoT Summit, 25 October 2018, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- International Workshop on Device to Device issues in Internet of Things (D2D-IoT), 2nd July 2018, Middle East Technical University (METU), Turkey.
- I. Zenginis, J. Vardakas, N. Zorba, and C. Verikoukis, “Performance Evaluation of a Multi-standard Fast Charging Station for Electric Vehicles”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, September 2018.
- B. Khalfi, B. Hamdaoui, M. Guizani and N. Zorba, “Efficient Spectrum Availability Information Recovery for Wideband DSA Networks: A Weighted Compressive Sampling Approach”, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 17, April 2018.
- A. El-Wakeel, J. Li, A. Noureldin, H. Hassanein and N. Zorba, “Towards a Practical Crowdsensing System for Road Surface Conditions Monitoring”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, March 2018.
- R. ElKhatib, N. Zorba and H. Hassanein, “Cost-efficient Multi-tasking in Coverage-aware Mobile Crowd Sensing”, IEEE IWCMC, Limassol, Cyprus, June 2018.
- A. El-Wakeel, A. Noureldin, H. Hassanein and N. Zorba, “Utilization of Wavelet Packet Sensor De-noising for Accurate Positioning in Intelligent Road Services”, IEEE IWCMC, Limassol, Cyprus, June 2018.
- A. Hussain, S. Azmy, N. Zorba et.al., “UAV-based Semi-Autonomous Data Acquisition and Classification”, IEEE IWCMC, Limassol, Cyprus, June 2018.
- S. Azmy, N. Zorba and H. Hassanein, “Robust Quality Metric for Scarce Mobile Crowd-Sensing Scenarios”, IEEE ICC, Kansas City, USA, May 2018.
- R. ElKhatib, N. Zorba and H. Hassanein, “Multi-tasking for Cost-efficient Mobile Crowdsensing under Uniformity Constraints”, IEEE ICC, Kansas City, USA, May 2018.
Dr. Nizar Zorba
Electrical Engineering Department, room F204
P.O. Box 2713, Doha, Qatar