Department of Chemical Engineering
- PhD, 2003, Chemical Engineering, Barcelona University, Spain
- MSc, 2000, Chemical Engineering, Barcelona University, Spain
- BSc, 1997, Chemical Engineering, Joradan University of science and Technology, Jordan.
Dr. Fares Almomani joined the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering of Qatar University as Associate Professor on August 2014. Dr. Fares received his Ph.D in Chemical and Environmental Engineering from Barcelona University, Spain in 2003. After his Ph.D., he became a Postdoctoral fellow in the University of Alberta in 2003 working on advanced wastewater treatment technologies. He then worked at Mutah University, Jordan from 2004-2011 as an assistant and associate professor. In 2011 Dr. Almomani moved to Canada and worked at University of Ottawa and Carleton University. Dr. Almomani’s research experiences involve Advanced Oxidation Technologies, developing a novel approach to measure the kinetics of ozonation reaction, Fundamental application of biofilms technology in wastewater treatment, developing an in-line and real-time method to measure polymer concentrations in water and wastewater treatment processes, use of microalgae as advanced wastewater treatment.
- Professor (2017-Present) Department of Chemical Engineering, Qatar University, Doha, Qatar
- Associate professor (2014-1017) Department of Chemical Engineering, Qatar University, Doha, Qatar
- Contract instructor (2012 – 2014) Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Visiting professor (2011 – 2012) Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Associate professor (2009 – 2012) Department of Chemical Engineering, Mutah University, Jordan
- Assistant professor (2004 – 2009) Department of Chemical Engineering, Mutah University, Jordan
- Post doctorate (2003 – 2004) Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Teaching and Research Assistant (1999 – 2003) Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Barcelona, Spain
- Prof. Banu Ormeci – Carlton University
- Prof. Elena Baranova – University of Ottawa